Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ashreinu - Even Sh'siyah

The "classic" Ashreinu with a kick. Also, I once promised to feed Even Sh'siyah to you all piece by piece by piece...



...and there will be NO peace until...

Ooh! Ooh! So, I'm sitting on my parkway--wait, did he say "my" parkway?--my parkway, and Charlie walks by and it is Erev Shabbos and Charlie stops and gives a long and heavy krechtz. "Niiiiine shalom zochors tonight," he says. "Can't do it anymore. I just can't do it anymore."

It occurs to me that I know very little of Charlie's biography, so I ask him. "Charlie, how old are you?" And he says "I've been 69 for the past 35 years."

I sense the conversation slipping (as if it was a conversation and I once had a grip on it) and I feel the need to get more information, more details, more color so I say "But really..." and he continues "My father brought me here the year the Rebbe became Rebbe."

I did not know that.

3 comments:

Avi said...

Plus, Peretz was there too on my parkway.

Dovid said...

Great little story there! And Even Sh'siyah rocks!

Avi said...

Thanks, I thought so too. He also told me that he owes thousands of dollars to the button maker but she knows she won't be paid or something like that. Peretz, what was he talking about?