Thursday, December 12, 2013

La Campanella • Evgeny Kissin

We, of course, love this incredible piano performance for what it is: an incredible piano performance. But we share this with you for the pianist's recent display of pure and powerful Jewish pride:

The Times of Israel reports:
Last Saturday night, Kissin received Israeli citizenship. Though Kissin, 42, has no plans to reside permanently in Israel, the Moscow native was granted approval by senior government officials for his citizenship request, which he filed for last year.
“If I, as a human being and artist represent anything in the world, it is my Jewish people, and therefore Israel is the only state on our planet which I want to represent with my art and all my public activities, no matter where I live.”
“When Israel’s enemies try to disrupt concerts of the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra or the Jerusalem Quartet, I want them to come and make troubles at my concerts, too: because Israel’s case is my case, Israel’s enemies are my enemies, and I do not want to be spared of the troubles which Israeli musicians encounter when they represent the Jewish State beyond its borders.” MORE



HT:Ber

2 comments:

Shmuel said...

I now know where Gustavo Dudamel gets his (hair) fashion ideas from.

Peretz said...

I always knew that pianists play two different tempos at the same time, but I've never seen it this pronounced. Incredible, especially beginning at 2:45.