Thursday, April 28, 2011

Yofyofisa - A.K.A. Pella (covering Shalsheles)

There is much that isn't right with this post. There is time that isn't much to spend expressing it. Is "insipid" the correct word to describe the sound? Ber asks. Maybe. "Insipid" means "lacking flavor". I think this just lacks taste. I love it.



The intro is a cover of Nothing Else Matters and they--get this--called it "Yuffing Else Matters!" Blaaaaahhhurghhhhghh!!! Ehhhhhhh!!! Buuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh....llurghhh. Can The Oatmeal provide a fitting interjection for me, please?

"We're counting, we're counting the days... Today is the ei-ei-eighth day, we're on our way... from Pesach until Shavuos time... ladida don't remember the woooords..."

This post is also to prove that our blog is capable of observing the ancient practice of musicless sefira, but won't because our rabbinic overseers consider it a simple oversight.

Peace and lunch!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There are enough Sefirah songs around the web to last you at least until Lag Ba'Omer.

Avi said...

And beyond! But there is not enough evidence that it must be used. :) (At least per my research and understanding of Halacha, including Shu"a Adha"z, Kitzur, Mishna Berura, Rav Moshe, Nit'ei Gavriel, ועוד)

I am open to our readers' interpretations and thoughts, but this is my personal minhag and the policy of the Daily Sing.

Avi said...

Also, I wrote "ei-ei-eighth day" but I must have known it was the ninth, right? I must've.